Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Busy, busy....

I joined the Lexington Area Music Alliance the other day. I'm now at #21 on Reverb Nation's local Hip-hop chart. I've begun working with my boy Darryl, who I used to rap with back in the days. So far, its going great. He has as much drive as I do when it comes to making moves in the industry. Also, I don't think I've met anybody that has as much knowledge as he does about underground Hip-Hop. Normally, I stump people all the time when I mention underground rappers and their albums. But he was able to tell me things about most of the underground rappers in my iTunes library that I didn't even know about. He literally has as many albums on his hard drive as I did on my last 3 hard drives put together.

I've started cleaning up the junk room at my condo and reconverting it into a recording studio. I also just found a bunch of old resources in the attic at my parents' house including a Stanton turntable, a pair of noise canceling headphones, a small pair of monitor speakers, an electric typewriter, two CD labeling kits, a stack of solicitation postcards for submitting demos for magazine reviews, four CD racks, my old master tapes from back in high school, and a folder containing all of my old show fliers and press clippings. I spent the evening integrating the new stuff into my office/studio room. I also added the press clippings to my Reverb Nation profile.

On my way to my day job I got a call from a woman who was an extra in the Secretariat movie, asking me if I heard anything about a red carpet event here in Louisville. The only thing I was able to find was an advanced screening a week before the movie drops (but by no means the first screening, since several major cities have already had screenings) and next week there is an unveiling of an exhibit at the Kentucky Derby Museum that is in honor of the movie. Other than that, I couldn't find anything. Its kind of strange receiving cold calls ever since I got listed on the Kentucky Film Office directory. While at my day job, I ran into a beer rep and got his contact info so I can talk to him about getting some promo materials for the record label launch party.

I'm going to turn it in and get some sleep now. I have to record with Darryl tomorrow after I drop off my printer/copier/fax machine at the repair service. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment