Saturday, September 18, 2010

Spending Spree

In the last few days, I've been on a spending spree. I've purchased a boom mic stand, a spider shock mount for my Oktava Mk-319, a pro audio surge protector, a sample CD, a pair of monitor headphones, and an address stamp for the record label. I'm working on a track that sounds like a No Limit throwback beat that I'm creating from the new sample CD I just purchased. I'm not even going to rap complex over it, I'm just going to ride the beat and have fun with it.

I'm now #19 on Reverb Nation's local Hip-Hop chart. Competition has become much more intense after I entered the Top 20. After two days stuck at #20, I had to readjust my promotion campaign to compensate. Now I'm rising again in ranking. I added the past shows from the fliers I recently found to my Reverb Nation page. I updated my current artist bio by integrating information from my old bio that I found along with the fliers and press clippings. I had forgotten about doing show production for Jars of Clay, Chris Rice, The Florida Mass Choir, Guardian, and Across The Sky (all of which are Christian/Gospel acts). I also got a couch from my day job that they were going to throw out and I'm in the process of cleaning it up before I drop it off at Daryl's studio.

I've been working on cleaning up the studio room in my condo. Its almost to the point of being functional once more. But the recent surge of activity that I've been on hasn't come without its drawbacks. I'm having trouble juggling my dating life with my business life. I operate on so little sleep that I require energy drinks, eye drops, and extra prep time before going out on dates just to appear alert and well-rested. Even then, I still find myself spacing out at times when my mind temporarily shuts down due to fatigue. But no pain, no gain....

No comments:

Post a Comment