Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Dream Come True

Today was a great day. I received final confirmation that I've been selected to work on the movie "Daylight". I also received word that Future Music Magazine has selected "On Lock" as one of the 3 readers' demos selected for full feature review in the upcoming issue. This includes an article, picture, plugs for my webpages, and my song featured on the CD that accompanies the magazine. This is BIG. Future Music is to the United Kingdom and Spain what Recording Magazine and EQ Magazine are to the United States. A large amount of big time industry people are going to read about me, hear my music, and be provided with a way to contact me. My phone will start ringing much more than it already is real soon.

In other news, I advanced to #36 on Reverb Nation's local Hip-Hop chart. I listed Chamber of Night Records in the various phone book directories so it'll be listed when the new ones come out. I talked with Club Envy and Prime Lounge about hosting the record label launch party. I tweaked "Chromed Out Spinners" some more, adding reggaeton-style air horn sound effects at various points to hype it up a little more. I also submitted "On Lock" and "Nod Ya Head Musick" to The Magic Hour internet radio show (hosted by comedian Magic Jackson in Atlanta). Tomorrow, I'm going to the Lexington Area Music Alliance meeting and joining as an artist (I'll have Chamber of Night Records join as an organization later). I'll try to take it easy on the music tomorrow because I have to catch up on my reading for my upcoming test.

No comments:

Post a Comment